Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am here today to show you a set of cards I made for the occasion.
I have used two paper packs for my cards. Although the layouts remain same, simple changes in material, color play and sentiments make them all look very different from each other. Take a look…..and tell me in the comment section how you liked the idea!!
To begin with –
I selected a paper from the Watercolor Floral Ballet paper pack and cut 4″x6″ piece from it. I distressed the piece all along the edges simply by pulling/tearing off the paper (maintaining the rectangular shape yet giving it rough edges)
I randomly wrapped a colour coordinating paper twine around the piece.
Stuck the loose ends of the twine at the rear-side under a double tape. I used double tape all over the piece to create some dimension. Mounted it over a card base.
From a jute roll, I cut a freehand heart shape. I collected some sisal fiber and cheesecloth pieces. Assembled them all over the card.
Used some embellishments like flowers, leaves, sentiments etc too. Flowers are from the store’s floral collection. Leaves are die-cut from the Victorian Window die set. The sentiment is from the same paper pack.
Assembled the flowers and leaves around two edges of the heart. Added some coordinating colour wash to the flowers. I was not very careful and intricate while doing this. The sentiment was matted with a double tape (two layers in the middle and single at the sides) to give an arched effect and mounted across the heart.
I added few strokes of colours all over the card to make it all blend together and not look like a collection of separate elements.
The final look!!
Second card with the same design.
(The only change here is that I have used a felt heart)
Third card with the same design.
Here the base paper is from the Pretty in Pink paper pack. Added some leaves from my stash. The sentiment is a primed chipboard.
That’s all from me!
Thank you for stopping by!!
Supplies used listed below (Clickable)