Hi Everyone, Saadia here!
Today, I want to share with you a mixed media project. I hope you like it.
- I took a 6x 10 inches MDF board and covered it with cheese cloth using Little Birdie Soft Gel Medium.
- After that, I mixed Texture Sand with Mixed Media 2 in 1 paste and randomly applied to the MDF board with a palette knife.
Texture Sand is great for adding grainy texture to projects. It can be mixed with Gesso, Mixed Media Paste , Gel mediums or any other paste of your choice.
Next, I applied Mixed Media 2 in 1 paste through a script stencil for additional texture.
- Thereafter, I glued chipboard pieces and arranged and glued the embellishments and flowers. Some embellishments are from the store and some from my own stash. I placed the largest elements at the bottom and smallest on the top.
- Covered everything with two coats of diluted Mixed Media 2 in 1 paste.
- Next, I colored my project with Color Splash sprays and Alcohol Splash sprays.
- I applied Mixed Media Stones with Soft Gel Medium- Matte. Mixed Media Stones are great for filling gaps in the composition and adding extra layer of texture.
Thereafter, I highlighted raised areas of my project with Mixed Media 2 in 1 paste. I used a dry brush and very little amount of Mixed Media paste for this purpose. It looks very rough in picture 5, but Mixed Media Paste helps to tone it down and make everything look cohesive.
- Then I highlighted some areas with Tinted Metallic Paints to get a shimmery effect.
- Glued some rhinestones and my focal point. They were part of a broken necklace. I added more flowers at the end because my composition was looking a bit unbalanced. I colored the flowers the same way as before.
- Finally, I applied Little Birdie Shimmer Crush in Deep Teal with gel medium on the flowers and in random areas.
Thank you for visiting . I hope you liked my project.
Take care and keep crafting!