Hello Crafty Friends,
Hema here today with you all . You guys must be waiting excitedly for the next Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge. I think few of you would have guessed it already what the next challenge is all about. Yes, it is anything that goes with Little Birdie’s Embossing Texture Paste. They are so versatile that you can use them in cards, mixed media or any other project…..
Can’t wait to see what you make with them…so without much ado…I am happy to announce our Challenge #17 …..Make anything with the Recently Launched Embossing Texture Paste.
Here are some guidelines to follow for participating in the Blog Challenge
- Submissions can be any project featuring any of the above 12 Little Birdie Embossing texture pastes.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until October 15th, 2018
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Back links or Old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge17 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC , else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- Top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- Every month we will go into a lucky draw to pick 1 Lucky individual who Likes and Writes the MOST number of encouraging comments for Itsy Bitsy blog posts. For participating in the Challenge you have time from September 11th, 2018 to October 15th, 2018. The lucky person will receive a gift voucher worth Rs 500, redeemable online.
- If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and e-mail id.
Today I am here to share my review, some salient features and a project I created with Little Birdie’s Embossing Texture Paste. This product is truly versatile and awesome for adding texture and dimension to projects.
Let’s first talk a little about the product.
What is Embossing Texture Paste?
Embossing Texture Paste is a heat embossing paste, this needs a heat gun or heat tool to emboss the pattern or design you have created with this paste.
Little Birdie launched 12 beautiful shades of this Embossing Texture Paste.
How to use Embossing Texture Paste
Embossing Texture Paste is thick. This heat embossing paste can be applied with a free hand or you can use a stencil. Apply with a palette knife or brush and simply use your heat tool over it. You will see the pop-up embossed effect when you use the heat tool over the paint!
Where can you use Embossing Texture Paste?
This paste can we applied to various surfaces like paper, metal,wood, glass, ceramic, fabric and more.
Some points to keep in mind while using this product
As I have already told you, we need a heat gun or tool to get embossed texture using this product. So we need to carefully handle this on flammable surfaces like some delicate fabric or plastic etc.
Can we use colors or spray over this embossed texture or is it washable?
The answer is yes! After it dries we can add acrylic colors and use water based colors and sprays too. But it is not washable, so if you are using it on fabric you can’t wash it.
Now, this is what I created for you all as an inspiration project……..well I choose to make Corrugated ATC’s (Artist Trading Cards) for a change and hope you guys would like to see the process flows…..
Firstly, I cut the corrugated sheet and tore the outer cover unevenly as this gave me a base texture for the project. You can either use your nails to pull these stripes out or use a toothpick and remove the outer cover.
I have applied black gesso and given it a good covering for the ATC’s .
Next, I applied some white gesso, Fiber Paste , Crackle Paste, Sparkle Paste and allowed them to dry naturally as I wanted the crackle effect on my ATC’s
Next, I added colors and some Glitter Paste on to the ATC’s and this is how they looked.
Next, I got few embellishments ready which I wanted to adhere to the ATC’s…… here I have used some stamped images, wooden gears, keys which were heat embossed, and some fussy cut images too.
Thereafter, I used the star product for the challenge, EMBOSSING PASTE and some alcohol inks for a grunge look of my ATC’s.
I have brushed the paste on the ATC’s over here for more texture and totally loved the texture they left on my project.
Finally the ATC’s are here ………..
Hope this inspires you guys to create and share your creations with us and play along this month’s challenge. I wish you good luck and can’t wait to see what you create.