Its Pooja here ! I am back again with my new mixed media project. Today I have come with a small canvas that’s been adorned with Little Birdie’s newly launched Tinted Metallic Paints. They have amazing shine with perfect coverage, so I decided that for all my mix media projects they are just what I need!!
I wanted to see their results on a black base so I decided to make a mixed media canvas which has a black backdrop and a multiple number of materials. This will allow me to see the effect of these paints on different surface like metal, chipboard, fabric, plastic, resin embellishments etc.
I am happy with the results of these colors…..don’t they looks awesome on black and on other materials too???
Have a look….
- I have used a piece of wood and pasted a canvas sheet on, after that I pasted different material like decorative lace, burlap lace, chipboard and some leftover die cut negative and chipboard negatives, my old broken jewelry, beads etc.
2. Then I applied black gesso all over them.
3. Added some sand in black gesso and applied this paste where ever I wanted to give a texture.
4. After completing the texture with sand, it looked like this but on the black base it’s difficult to see this texture. However, after the colors are put in place it’s gives an awesome look.
5. After it was completely dry, I started applying gesso with dry brush randomly. Then I used gold splash colors, first to give a light shade to my background and then started blinding color layers with Tinted Metallic Paints.
Believe me it was really hard to choose the colours for me because all of them are so awesome! I decided to make it colourful and used different shades of tinted metallic paints.
7. I have added resin embellishments, some piece of my old jewelry and for some more shine, I have used Hearty Melange, golden hearts, Fairy Dust- Rich Copper. I used Mont Marte gel medium to paste all this.
8. In the end I distressed the whole piece with Silver Charm and Silver Oak tinted metallic paints.
Here is some close up………….
I hope you liked my mixed media work. Thank you so much for visiting and for your love!!