This is Gayatri here today with a mixed media canvas as an inspirational post for this month’s blog challenge. Mixed media is not my forte, but more experiments I do with it, the more I am loving it!! ( just as my friends had suggested.
Let me get into my project for today. I have used a Mont Marte 7″ x 5″ canvas as my base.
- I applied Little Birdie Embossing Texture Paste using the cobble circle stencil.
- I allowed the texture paste to dry naturally. I tried a dry run of the chipboard pieces and embellishments to decide how I wanted them placed before sticking them.
After sticking the pieces down I applied a coat of Gesso.
- I then sprayed some color sprays from my stash.
Tip: Continue adding color till you get the effect you want. Dry them using a heat gun between each layer.
- I then added gesso on the chipboard pieces to dilute the color on them so that they stand out and also as a priming element for adding colors on the pieces.
- I added some paints and waxes on the chipboard pieces. I also added few crystals, Little Birdie flowers and Dew Drops as embellishments to complete my project.
Here are more pictures of the completed project.
Hope you liked my project today. Waiting see you beautiful entries for this month’s challenge. Till next time – Happy crafting!