Hello there, dear craft enthusiasts!
I’m here today with the first blog challenge of 2018–Anything Goes using the following Little Birdie paper packs.
Baby Giggles, Baby Boo, Watercolor Floral Ballet, Chevron in Aquarelle, Pretty in Pink, L’amour des fleurs & Forever&Always.
- Submission can be any project featuring one of the above paper packs.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 17th February 2018
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page.
- Only projects posted during the Challenge period are eligible. Back links or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge and add the link here.
- Two winners will be picked through a lucky draw, who will each receive a voucher of Rs.250, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- Top 3 entries will be selected by the DT and will be given the topper badge and ₹250 voucher each, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
You can imagine the fun we are going to have this month with the endless possibilities these paper packs offer! To get you started, I have a tag album featuring the Baby Giggles pack. I planned this as a present for a little girl who’s fond of animals!
I will keep talking to a minimum on this post so you can get to the real fun part where you link your project! I’ll quickly take you through the steps I followed in making this tag mini album in an altered box.
- I picked out a few sheets from the Baby Giggles pack–I kept off the very obviously baby-themed sheets because my album isn’t for a baby. When I worked on Baby Boo, I mentioned how these packs are not restricted to baby projects. Here’s an example of how you can come up with creations for toddlers and even children using these packs. Once I knew which sheets I wanted to use, I picked out supplies to embellish my pages, and also picked a few scrap sheets of paper from older projects (all supplies from the store) to use as fillers.
2. I chose this box and altered it retaining most of it’s original design.
3. To make the pages of the album, I cut out six 3.5″ square pieces of white cardstock. The photomats for these pages are 3.25″ square.
4. I created a few elements for layering with my photomats. Apart from these banners and tags, I created shaker tags out of acetate sheets and organza fabric from the store.
5. I sewed around the photomats, created shaker tags on the sewing machine, and used a sticker sheet from the store and strips of acetate to add bobbly animals to each page.
The sentiments will have to wait until after I am done sticking pictures in this album. I hope to share the filled album in the future. Until then, here are pics of the finished project.
Thank you for stopping by, everyone! I hope you will now break out your Little Birdie linen papers and play along! If you’d like to browse more projects featuring the qualifying paper packs, here are a few of my recent projects using these:
We are looking forward to your entries!