This is Pooja Sharma and I am glad to announce the 15th Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge! This time the challenge is about using Little Birdie new shades of Chalk Paints.
Today, I am back with my new mixed media project. I have created my project not only with new shades of Chalk Paint but also with Little Birdie’s newly launched white and black gesso. Before I start with the process, I would like to share something about these products
What is gesso:- Gesso is a primer used mostly for preparing bases for various projects. It gives smooth and clear surface to work on and at the same time makes the surface slightly textured and ready to accept paints.
Where can be applied:- It can be applied on any type of surfaces like canvas, glass, wood etc.
How to apply:– It can be spread with brush, palette knife, foam roller
Little Birdie Gesso:– It’s a smooth and awesome water based opaque primer. It is high in quality and perfect in consistency and that helps in retaining peaks and brush strokes. Just ideal for preparing any type of sufaces, The best part is Little Birdie provides this necessary product in such reasonable price!
Little Birdie Gesso comes in two colors white and black in 100 ml, easy to use wide mouth bottle.
Note:– Wash your applicators just like brushes with water after applying gesso to clean up.
Chalk paint:– Chalk Paints are decorative paints that can be used on wood, glass, cardboard, furniture, and other items to create a chalky appearance. It’s used for creating an aged look and can be distressed easily.
Little Birdie Chalk Paints:– Mainly made for home decor, these paints are suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications and also for mixed media applications. Gives a wonderful chalky finish after drying.
How to use :- These paints can be used with brush, sponge, foam rollers. You can also dilute them with 10-15% water to reduce brush marks. Ideal for vintage projects. You can also apply multiple layers with these paints and sand for a further distressed look. Can be used as a primer and accompanying paints even for decoupage projects.
Here are some guidelines to participate in the Blog Challange
- Submissions can be any project featuring Little Birdie Chalk Paints (Only new shades)
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until July 25, 2018
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries
- Please link to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Back links or Old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge15 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- Top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- Every month we will go into a lucky draw to pick 1 Lucky individual who Likes and Writes the MOST number of encouraging comments for Itsy Bitsy blog posts. For participating in the Challenge you have time from June 19, 2018 to July 25, 2018. The lucky person will receive a gift voucher worth Rs 500, redeemable online.
- If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and e-mail id.
Little Birdie has many beautiful colours in chalk paints and today in my project I have also used one of the newly launched shade of chalk paint “Passionate Plum”I just loved this shade along with the others.
You can also watch the video to see how to use Little Birdie products by scanning the QR code given on the products. I am sharing pic for your reference.
Now it’s time to share my project and inspiration for this month’s challenge. Have a look…
I have used a old empty chocolate box for my mixed media project. First, I applied Little Birdie Gesso all over it.
Now it’s time to add texture. I have used cheese cloth, two in one Mixed Media Paste, and gesso to create texture.
After that, I have mixed Passionate Plum Chalk Paint and black gesso on the surface, so that I can get light and dark tones.
Next, I added some old and broken elements from my stash and other resin and chipboard embellishments on it. I also colored them with the same chalk paint and gesso.
After that I started doing dry brushing and shading with Passionate Plum and gesso, till I was satisfied with the lighter shade.
Here is the final outcome…
Hope you got inspired to play this month’s Blog Challenge with us. Waiting to see your beautiful creations.