Hello all you wonderful people,
This is Mukta and I am here to announce the 8th blog challenge of 2017.
ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE 8-2017
- Submission can be any project featuring the newly lauched paper packs (Baby Giggles/ Baby Boo).
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 7th October 2017
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page.
- Only projects posted during the Challenge period are eligible. Back links or Old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge817 and add the link here.
- Two winners will be picked through a lucky draw, who will each receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- Top 3 entries will be selected by the DT.
Today, I have a baby announcement explosion box as an inspiration for this month’s challenge. This explosion box can be used for baby announcement, baby showers, naming ceremony as well as birthdays of little children and infants, they can be used as favors as well as gift boxes. This explosion box is 5″ by 5″ by 5″ and the inner box is 4″ by 4″ by 4″……so it is big enough to hold few sweets or gifts.
Before I start, I want to tell you that I have used my die cutting machine along with my dies but…you can skip it completely and instead use something else like a ready frame or a doily which are available at Itsy Bitsy stores. So lets begin……..
I Started with 12 x 12” white card stock and scored it at 5” and 10”, then rotated it 90 degrees and scored it again. I have cut the corners completely out. and on two short sides, I have retained 1/2″ border. Now we need two 5” squares which are cut from another piece of card stock. I have attached these two pieces to the open ends of the earlier piece that we cut,using red tacky tape to form something like a plus sign. This is the outer part of our explosion box. Since, the cardstock available is in 12″ by 12″ size , that is why we have to go by this technique.
Now to make top/lid of the box we will start with another piece of 10.1/8″ card stock and score at 2-1/2” and 7-5/8″ ( This gives us 3 parts which are 2 1/2″, 5.1″ and 2 1/2″ in size.) rotate 90 degrees and score again, cut the corners as shown in the picture and using red tacky tape secure the ends to the sides. This forms the lid for the box. The same technique will be used to build the inner box, with different measurements. please remember, that I completely cut the corners off when I made the outer explosion box but for the lid, I have retained the corners.
I have added card stock and pattern paper to decorate my box, the pattern paper used is from the newly launched paper pack Baby Giggles. Since, the paper I chose had yellow and pink combination, hence I have built my box around this. I die cut some white cardstock using SpellBinders Labels One dies and then dry embossed it with sizzix embossing folder. To highlight the embossed part I have used Fossilized Amber Distress ink. I added this on the inside on the explosion box.
Now to build the inside box repeat the step 2 to form the box and the lid and below is the measurement for the same. For box- Take 6″ by 6″ cardstock and score at 1″, 5″. Rotate it 90 degrees and score again. For the lid – take 6.1″ by 6.1″ cardstock. Score at 1″ , 5.1″ and rotate it by 90 degrees and score again.
I Decorated the box with pattern paper and card stock. To decorate the lid of the inside box I have used mini cradle which is a wooden miniature from Itsy Bitsy, you will have to open the pack and assemble it which is incredibly simple, I have colored it with snow chalk paint to make it bright white. I also added a frame from Itsy Bitsy which is gold heat embossed around the cradle to add more interest. Then, I decorated the entire lid using lots of different flowers and cute butterflies all from Itsy Bitsy.
Once, this was done, I decorated the inside of explosion box. I used a few flowers and butterflies, stickers and sentiments from the paper pack. I have adhered everything using my best friend Silicon Glue.
Now, for the top lid of the explosion box, I added a similar diecut and embossed piece to the lid. Then I fussy cut another sentiment Daddy’s Girl from the paper pack and added it to a piece of white cardstock. I then diecut a frame from Gold Glitter paper and framed my sentiment and glued this to the top lid. I finished the decoration with more pretty flowers, butterflies and flat back pearls.
Check out this video:
List of supplies:
- Distress ink pad – Fossilized Amber
I hope you like this and find it useful. I have tried it to make it as simple as possible so everyone can make something like this easily. I hope you can draw some inspiration from this project as well as more upcoming projects from my talented team.
So what are you waiting for………..send in your entries quickly…All the best.