Hello everyone, Pooja here
Today I want to share my new mixed media project with you all, which I created with Little Birdie’s Tinted Tinted Metallic paints. Have a look….
- I took a piece of chipboard and cut it into pieces and pasted them onto another chipboard sheet as shown in the picture below .
2. Thereafter I covered the base with some leftover paper and die cut pieces. Next, I did some stencil work with mixed media paste.
3. Applied black gesso all over and started pasting my embellishments in layers.
4. Added flowers, chipboard shapes, and some old knick-knacks from my stash to give it a further layered look.
5. To give more texture to it, I added some fine sand into Little Birdie’s Slate Mixed Media Paste and applied this mixture on the base with a knife. I also created some lines as shown in image.
6. Applied black gesso all over again.
7. Now it was time to play around with colours! I used purple acrylic paint for the base first, then used different shades of Tinted Metallic paints. For your convenience, I have given the links of the metallic paints which I used below.
You can see the beautiful and shiny effect I got from these Tinted Metallic paints on the black base. I simply loved these colours!!
Here are some more pictures of the final project……….