Today I am here again with a mixed media project that’s colourful yet has a vintage appeal. I used Little Birdie’s Tinted Metallic Paints and Mixed Media Paste to give it, its texture and awesome hues.
Without much ado, lets see how to get there…..
- I used a thick cardboard for the base and applied Mixed Media Paste as a primer. I just added little water to dilute it a bit.
2. Thereafter that I pasted pieces of lace on the base and created a window with chipboard as shown in the pictures.
3. Added some flowers onto the window along with few chipboard shapes and also did a little stenciling to make the bricks. Then, I applied Mixed Media Paste all over the layout.
4. Used some shades of Colour Splash for the background. The colours that I used are linked below.
5. Added Tinted Metallic Paints to create the desired effect in the background and the foreground. You can find the list of the colours linked below.
I built up the layers of colours until I was satisfied with the effect.
6. I have used micro beads and Little Birdie’s Hearty Melange to give it some special effect. Used Mont Marte gel medium to paste these beads in place. Here are some more pictures of my final project….
Hope you enjoyed it. If you have any queries please feel free to ask, I will be happy to answer. Keep crafting and trying out new things….