Our jewellery making pros at Itsy Bitsy came up with this absolutely stunning creation for the ‘All That Glitters’ theme. They’ve used some amazing sparkling beads from the Itsy Bitsy beads collection to put together this masterpiece, that I personally would love to wear with ethnic or western attire. Here’s a look at the cluster necklace from another angle.
For my next mask, I decided to use the Itsy Bitsy glitter daisies to add shine and sparkle to my project. I lined the entire outer edge of the mask with some pink lace in my stash and then added a glitter daisy border to the outline. A couple of satin ribbon bows created the dainty feel to the project and who can go wrong with pink adhesive rhinestones to line the eyes. Don’t you wish we could add eyeliner like that for real!!
Finally for my third project, I went with silver and purple, one of my all time favourite combinations. Once again I used silver superfine embossing powder to get that rich silver gritty base. Then I used plum satin ribbon to create a frill and lined the outline with purple rhinestones. 2 over sized feathers on the side coupled with a satin ribbon bow completed the effect.
Now on to the rules for the challenge:
- For the Paper/ General crafting project, your submission can be a card, box, tag, scrapbook layout, dress, embroidery, crochet work etc – anything as long as it is handmade and incorporates the theme ‘All That Glitters’ either partly or entirely.
- For the jewellery making project, your submission must be some form of jewellery and once again it must incorporate the theme ‘All That Glitters’ either partly or entirely.
- Quilled jewellery or jewellery made out of paper beads will fall under the Jewellery making category.
- The contest closes at midnight on 30th June 2013
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission. There is a separate button for each category.
- If you do not have a blog, please send in your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your submission for you.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries within each category
- Submitting old projects is not permitted. All submissions have to be created after 5th June 2013
- In your blog post, create a link back to this page – The ItsyBitsy All That Glitters Challenge.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world however if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- 2 winners will be selected, one for jewellery making and one for paper/general crafting who will each receive a voucher of Rs. 1000 each, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- In addition 3 to 6 finalists in each category will be selected all of whom will receive a badge to display on their blog.
- We would love it if you display our new badge on your blog, you can find it on the sidebar.
We are super excited to see what you come up with and judging by the talent displayed in previous challenges we are 100% certain that it’s going to be a gala hit! So hurry up and start linking! Looking forward to your creations!
Submissions for Paper/ General Crafting
Submissions for Jewellery Making