Hello everyone I am back with one more mix media project!! This time I have altered a discarded cardboard box and given it a a vintage patina effect.
Have a look at the final creation before I take you through the process….
- I have used an old box for my mixed media project. First I applied Little Birdie Mixed Media Paste on the entire box (I used little water to dilute it as I was using it as gesso). I used my finger to apply this paste just to get some extra texture. This is what’s great about the mixed media paste, you can use this according to the desire consistency.
2. I used Little Birdie texture tool to add texture to the surface and also added some stencil work after that.
3. After the base was was done it was time to build up my layers with embellishments and some old materials from my stash. However, I first of all, I pasted few pieces of lace and then started putting the rest of the materials in place.
4. Next, I started to play with the colours….picked a shade of brown Tinted Metallic Paint and other colours to go with it ( I feel addicted to these paints…every time I create something, I feel the urge to use them).
5. Next, I built up layers of colors till I was satisfied with colors.
6. To give my project some added beauty, I used golden beads, Hearty Melange, stones etc. with Mont Marte gel medium.
I love the rustic vintage look , so I kept it little dullbut the Tinted Metallic Paints gave my project the perfect subtle shine that I wanted!
So here are some more pictures of the finished project….