Hello everyone its Pooja,
Once again I’m back with a mixed media project with the newly launched tinted metallic paints, I always try to make something new with less supplies, so this time I made an African themed pen stand.
Have a look here….
- I have used an old broken sculpture (this was also made by me years back ). I pasted it on a bottle to give it the right height.
- I have taken a piece of a fabric and dipped it in white gesso. You can use black gesso directly and start draping it on the bottle. This way I made her dress and her headgear.
3. Now I have given three coats of different layers; first applied black gesso, after it dried, I applied white gesso randomly on the whole piece and after that I used brown acrylic paint as a base colour on the whole piece.
4. Then I used a thin fabric ( you can use anything like a cheese or gauze) and colored it with Colors Splash spray (I have listed the shades below with direct link), and applied two shades of metallic paints…Tawny glint n Golden glaze.
After I built up layers of metallic paints, my African lady was looking like this
6. Now it’s time to make the pen stand. I have used corrugated sheet to make the roll and the other shapes and arranged them on a piece of MDF.
7. Pasted some embellishments like flowers, chipboards, sea shells and applied black gesso all over them.
8. I have used the same metallic paint which I have used for the lady.
9. Finally added my African lady on the stand base.
Hope you like my work. Love to see all the beautiful things that you make, these are just little inspirations to give you new ideas.