Hi there friends,
It’s Pooja here once again! Welcome to you all at the Itsy Bitsy blog. I am here today with my new mixed media project. I love to draw inspiration for my craft projects from nature and I really enjoy doing it a lot…so this time, I thought I would bring you a mixed media on those lines. I hope you find it interesting and inspirational and get motivated to do something of your own.
Here is a picture of my completed project
This is how I did it.
- I have used a canvas as a base and I have pasted a piece of cardboard to increase the width towards the lower end so that it gets a broader base to stand. After that I pasted some rags (any waste fabric pieces) on the canvas base as shown in picture
2. I have used white ceramic puffy paint for creating the lines over these fabric stripes.
3. When it was completely dry, I sprayed the base with difference shades of Color Splash. The shades I used were Lime, Ocean Mist, Mocha and Charcoal. Direct link of these colours are given below so that you can check them out. I love these colours because they are so vibrant and beautiful!!
4. I built up the colours again and again until I was satisfied with the results.
5. To make the cave, I used a mini canvas as base. I cut a piece of paper to make the depth of the cave and used some papers to make rocks. I simply rolled the paper to give it the shape of rocks.
6. I painted the cave with Mocha, Charcoal and Llime Colour Splash.
7. Now it’s time for assembling all things and get it into shape… I have used some stones and sand to give my project a natural look.
8. I pasted a pieces of fabric to make a natural looking river. For that I pasted a piece of hard paper underneath the fabric to make it stiff and puffed….all that adds to the dimension/ 3D look and help you get more realistic effects!
9. I used Lime color splash to color some cheese cloth because I wanted to use them as grass and moss. Added some flowers, chipboard shapes and animal cutouts here and there as a final touch.
So here are some more close up pictures……….
I hope to have inspired you and will be very happy if you try out something like this. Keep watching this space because its a great way to learn and enjoy crafting!!
Thank you so much… don’t forget to come back for my next post