Bela Shah here! Hope you all are doing good.
You guys must be waiting eagerly for the next Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge!
The next challenge is simple and super fun!! I feel maximum number of people should participate in it. The product is extremely versatile and no one can go wrong with it.
Can’t wait to see what you make this time. So without much ado, I am happy to announce our Challenge #19….. Any thing goes using Little Birdie Craft Cement.
There are amazing videos on how to make craft with cement all over Facebook and Youtube. So, you have lot of inspiration and ideas available for making some wonderful and cool stuff with this amazing product. The DT team also has some fantastic ideas to keep you inspired!
- Submissions can be any project featuring Little Birdie Craft Cement.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until March 20th, 2019.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Back links or Old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- While taking photograph of your project which you plan to post, please include the product within the frame (for this challenge – Little Birdie Craft Cement)
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge19 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- Top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- Every month we will go into a lucky draw to pick 1 Lucky individual who Likes and Writes the MOST number of encouraging comments for Itsy Bitsy blog posts.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from February 19th, 2019 to March 20th, 2019. The lucky person will receive a gift voucher worth Rs 500, redeemable online.
- If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and e-mail id.
Today I am going to share two projects which I created using Itsy Bitsy’s home brand Little Birdie’s Craft Cement.
Home Decor Cement Canvas
With so many things possible with Craft Cement I thought why not create something which can revamp my tiny little side-table with something classy and chic …. just like we make decorative canvases!!
So, I decided to make a cement canvas which will look amazing on the side table. Small tables can be the trickiest piece of furniture to decorate as the size limits what you can do with them. Most people place a lamp or a plant and leave it that way. With some creative ideas, we can try out many things and give a different decor depending on the occasion or the mood.
So Lets get into the step by step tutorial for this project.
First, I mixed a good amount of craft cement with water, adding little at a time. As, I wanted my cement mix to be thick, I kept adding water only till I got the desired consistency. Once I was happy with the consistency I poured the whole mix into a cookie container. You can use soap moulds, any container, any lid of any shape or size to get this done.
As soon as the mix was set properly, I started adding some dry fillers to it . I just pushed the ends into the cement so that it gets stuck in the cement as it dries. After that I added few roses to it to give it a further natural look. I added some white stones and some art stones to the bottom of my composition. I left it to dry spraying water to the top layer time and again to stop the cement from cracking. I let it be in the container for 3 to 4 days just spraying water whenever I thought the top layer was dry.
Now, it was time to take out the artwork from the mould. I simply pulled the container outwards from all the sides so that it separates from the edges. I placed the container upside down on a thick napkin so that I don’t ruin the delicate fillers and pushed the slab downwards. It came out perfectly. My cement canvas with dry fillers, flowers and stones was absolutely ready and looked gorgeous to adorn my side table.
I have used dry fillers and solawood roses. You can use any paper flowers , twigs, shells, stones, pebbles, bottle caps, metal flowers etc. to make your own decorative piece. The list is endless and the look will be totally different keeping the base constant.
I loved the piece but felt something was missing so I just added a title ‘ART’ just to give that personal touch. With a couple of potted indoor succulents and my cement canvas on easel, my side table got a super new gorgeous look. I hope you all love this as much as do.
Some more pictures of my side table;
Now time for the second project.
Home Decor Pinewood Panels
A super simple decorative panel which found a beautiful place in my bedroom. When I made this, I never thought that it would fit so beautifully on my bedroom accent wall which was empty .
I mixed cement with water keeping the consistency a little watery. Reason being, I wanted to use this craft cement as paint. Yes you heard it right.. I wanted to just give a coat of cement to my waste paper flowers, leaves and few twigs.
I gave a coat of this cement mix to the twigs, flowers and a couple of leaves and let them dry completely. I didn’t have to spray these with water because already the cement had enough water and a thin coat on twig won’t crack. After all the flowers were dry I added little bit of gold metallic paint to few petals and edges of the flower so that they look gorgeous. I also left a couple of flowers as it is, as I didn’t want the importance of cement to diminish. After all they are painted with cement for a reason, right?
I had some pinewood panels. So I added just the cement coated twigs to individual panels. One gold painted flower and one plain cement coated flower and bingo one panel was done!
On the second panel I added one plain twig and one cement coated twig, just to give a bit of variation added just one big gold painted flower, couple of leaves and one plain filler flower. My second panel was ready. you can also make one big panel instead of small ones or make 4 or 5 small panels instead of just 2. I mean anything is possible…..you need to choose what suits you the best!
Both my projects are super simple and adorable. I hope with some artistic touch and a bit of creativity I was able to inspire you to make some beautiful projects for your home, which you also plan to share with us.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial. Don’t forget to leave your comment and let me know how you liked the projects or which one you liked the most .
Love & Hugs