Hello dear friends! DT Hema Bhat here hoping that you all are safe and healthy. In the midst of chaos in our lives let’s find some solace in crafting. I am here today to flag off this month’s Blog Challenge. Who doesn’t love glitter? Most of us do. We all need a little sparkle and shine to brighten our lives.
So presenting the Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge#29 – “Spread the sparkle with Little Birdie Glitter Fabric Paints”
Kindly go through the guidelines below to participate:
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Back links or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until 22nd July, 2020
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our Facebook group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #Itsybitsyblogchallenge29 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- The top 2 entries will be selected by the Design Team. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at itsybitsy.in.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from June 15th 2020 to July 22nd, 2020.
- If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and email id.
The newly launched Little Birdie Glitter Fabric paints are available in 12 beautiful shades. The paint glides smoothly on fabric and can be easily applied with a synthetic brush. The best part is that it dries instantly.
- Little Birdie glitter fabric paints are perfect for DIY fashion and home décor projects.
- The shimmery, permanent colours feature strong adhesion and durability.
- Can be applied free hand, with brush, or with stencils.
- Allow the fabric to dry for 1 hour after application.
- The painted fabric is safe to be hand washed when it is completely dry.
- Ideal for using on T-shirts, tote bags, and other fabric crafts.
These shimmery paints can be used in many ways to enhance the beauty of your projects. Just let your imagination fly! You can add a touch of glitter to brighten your project. To inspire you I have done 2 quick projects with these lovely paints. One is a coffee table cloth and another one is on a canvas pouch.
Sharing below step to step tutorial with pictures:
Honestly I didn’t have any idea as how I would use this cloth when I started working on it. I just wanted to see the effect of these paints on a transparent cloth. But after seeing the result, I simply loved it. I continued doing more stencil designs randomly on it so that I can use it as a table cloth. Now all it needs are a lining underneath and some laces and frills around the edges.
Second project: I was curious to see if these paints get along with fabric decoupage and they absolutely do. Here’s how I used them on a canvas pouch.
Using the Deco Magic Fabric Decoupage Glue I adhered the decoupage napkin. Once dry, I gave a top coat of the same glue on the napkin to seal the project. Totally love this glue for its smooth creamy texture and lovely finish.
The 2 colors I chose are very lightly pigmented. To make them more visible on this canvas pouch, I added a base color of similar chalk paint and then used the glitter fabric paint over it. The result had a solid dimension effect.
Meanwhile the top coat of the Fabric Deco Magic had completely dried, so I highlighted the decoupage napkin using these matching glitter fabric paints. The whole pouch now has a shimmery and shiny look. Photos don’t do justice at all. The best part is the pouch can be hand washed gently once its completely dry. Both the Fabric Decoupage glue and Glitter Fabric paints are safe to wash.
So what are you waiting for? Grab these paints from Itsy Bitsy and create your own magic with Glitter Fabric Paints and don’t miss the opportunity to participate in the blog challenge.
Thank you for stopping by. Stay safe! Happy crafting!
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code HEMA5 to buy any product at itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill.
List of supplies used: