Hello all you wonderful people,
This is Mukta and I am here today to announce the 13th Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge. This time the theme is ‘SPRING’…..for me its flowers, bees, butterflies, foliage and all things from beautiful nature. Show us what Spring means to you. Create any project that reflects Spring and do not forget to use Little Birdie Flowers. (That’s a must!!) Share your projects with us following the rules mentioned below. I have brought you a quick inspiration to keep you motivated. Have a look and I hope you like it
ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE 13-2018
THEME:-“Spring” and participating creations MUST include Little Birdie flowers.
Here are some more guidelines to participate:
- Submission can be any project featuring Little Birdie flowers.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until May 5, 2018
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page.
- Only projects posted during the Challenge period are eligible. Back links or Old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge13 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- Top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- Every month we will go into a draw to pick 1 Lucky individual who Likes and Writes the MOST number of encouraging comments for Itsy Bitsy blog posts. For Challenge 13 dates are from April 2 to May 5, 2018. The lucky person will receive a gift voucher worth Rs 500, redeemable online.
- If you have not subcribed to our blog kindly subcribe with your name and e-mail id.
Now, back to my project. Spring for me is a season where Nature takes control and beautifies everything. Its a season of Rebirth, Regrowth and Renewal and that’s why the sentiment on my project is “SPRING Is Nature’s Way of Saying LET’S PARTY” and I totally agree with this notion. We have sunshine, greenery everywhere, colorful flowers blossoming, busy bumbling bees, fluttering butterflies, nesting birds and so much of liveliness everywhere…..and my project is inspired by all of this.
To begin with, I used a 40.6 cm x 50.8 cm canvas. I primed it with white Gesso and then drew my design using pencil. I decided to draw intricate butterfly and I drew a side view of the same.
I then started to color it using Color Splash sprays. I used Pink, Blue, Yellow and Green. I used a brush instead of spraying the color to get a more controlled application. To add deeper colors, I used Camel watercolors which I had with me. While, I was painting I also added splatters of colors. I outlined the design on my butterfly using modelling paste to give it more dimension and texture. Also while the modelling paste was wet, it started to take in the watercolors and blend with it…such a cool effect!!
I added a little texture at the corners using a stencil and Little Birdie Grainy Texture paste. Once it dried, I added some colors to them and another layer of colors to the butterfly and few areas on the canvas. Once, I was happy with the effect, I let it sit for an hour so that everything thoroughly dried.
Next, I used lots of Little Birdie flowers and sisal fiber. Recently at the new Mumbai store opening I had bought some mixed flower of packs and thought it was a great time to use them! I I added flowers in white, pinks, green, violet and magenta to my canvas to create this rainbow of colors using gel medium. I added these flowers over sisal fiber to achieve another layer of textures.
Once, all the flowers were fixed, I dry brushed a little gesso on all flowers and then also added highlights using Tinted Metallic paint in Golden Glaze. I also added some thermocol pebbles I made using thermocol balls and gesso to the canvas using gel medium. I used flat back pearls and coated them with gesso and Tinted metallic gold paint and added them to the canvas as well.
To bind everything together, I took Dazzle Cocktail- Manhattan, Hearty Melange – Gold and Fairy Dust – Beehive Gold in a bowl and added Little Birdie Gloss Gel Medium to it. Mixed it up and brushed it on the flowers, between the gaps of the flowers, on the stenciled areas and few other places on the butterfly. I also added this mixture on small circles and then glued it on my canvas. Finished my canvas with a beautiful sentiment I printed on my printer and matted with white cardstock and the sparkly mixture.
That’s from me, waiting to see your creations reflecting the spirit of Spring!! I hope you enjoyed this and draw some inspiration from this project as well as more upcoming projects from my talented team mates. Here is the list of supplies I used….
Looking forward to your entries. All the best.