Hello everyone, it’s Pooja here today in the blog.
Today I am here to share another of my mixed media projects. I have come with a tutorial of how I created my mixed media art journal cover. Also, this project is more about texture and less embellishments. You can see how Little Birdie Embossing Texture Paste is enough to create awesome textures!
But before I begin….have a look what we are going to learn in this post.
- First, I did done some stencil work with Grainy Texture Paste and the versatile Embossing Texture Paste with Little Birdie stencils. I stenciled on the front cover and the back of the book too.
2. After that, I used my heat tool over the Embossing Texture Paste to get the embossed effect. You can see in the image, after using heat tool how this paste gives awesome texture with little bubbles and turns light in color too.
3. Thereafter, I applied Little Birdie black gesso all over it.
4. When everything dried, I used Alcohol Splash over it. I have used three shades here.
5. When they were semi-dry, I used Little Birdie white gesso with a light hand over it to enhance the texture effect and make the colors lighter in some areas.
6. Now, it was time to create a composition with resin frame, flowers, an old brush, chipboards…. have a look!
7. Once again I covered all my embellishments with black gesso and spread Gold Alcohol Splash over it and then then distressed to make the colors lighter when it was semi-dry….just like I did before for the background.
8. After that I added some shine to my project with Little Birdie Sparkle Paste.
9. I have also used Tinted Metallic paint – Golden Glaze in background to add a little shimmer to the texture and on the embellishments too.
10. In the end, I added a gem at the center and my journal cover was ready with a shabby chic look which I loved!
Here are some finished images of the project.
Hope you liked it and will try something like this. Take a look at the supplies below which I used for completing my project.
Till we meet next
Take care and craft on!!