So to kick things off, I created a card with the tricolor pallette. My sister-in-law is joining a new company on Monday so I wanted to give her something special while at the same time, not too serious. I was on YouTube heavily through the month and came across the slider card using a plastic bag. So that’s what I made. The link to the video I referred to is here.
My card tells a bit of a story. We’ve got a sole sheep grazing in a bed of craft grass and the sentiment reads ‘So you’re off to Greener Pastures. Then as you pull the slider out, it says, ‘Good Luck’ and ‘U’ll Rock’.
To add personality to the card I had laced the top and bottom with some satin ribbon and added a couple of sunflowers for some panache. For the inner slider I used Itsy Bitsy distressed alpha stamps and embossed the surface with one of their new embossing folders. The grass was created using the craft grass available at the ItsyBitsy store and I just loved the little sheep embellishment again from ItsyBitsy‘s 3D sticker range. Quite sorry to let that go actually. To give you an idea of the sliding action, I made a video.
Back to the challenge, here are the rules:
- You can make anything you like with the Tri-Color (Saffron, White and Green) being the dominating color scheme. All 3 colors should be introduced.
- The contest closes at midnight on 31st August 2012.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the bottom of your page, add your image and link to your blog.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- Participants can withdraw entries at any time before the contest closes by deleting their submission.
- Backlinking to old projects is not permitted. All submissions have to be created after 2nd August 2012.
- In your blog post, create a link back to this page – The ItsyBitsy TriColor Challenge.
- 2 winners will be selected and will receive a voucher of Rs. 1000 each, redeemable at www.itsybitsy.in