Hello everyone, Pooja here
Today I am very excited to share my project!! I have been holding on to a broken wooden tray for long and I found a perfect way to up-cycle it now. This time I converted that tray into beautiful 3D wall hanging. I also wanted to try my hands on Little Birdie’s Slate Mixed Media paste and here I am with my project…..
Have a look at the finished work!
- First, I wanted to cover the broken bit of the tray so I decided to create an extended branch of a tree. To make the branch, I used some wire, which I twisted into shape of a branch.
2. To give it more volume and thickness, I used some aluminum foil and at some places I used masking tape to hold the foil.
3. I used the Slate Mixed Media Paste without mixing any water to give a thick layer to the branch.
4. Thereafter, I applied this paste on my tray and sprinkled some fine dust, beads and some stones to add extra texture to the base.
5. When it was completely dry, I pasted some chipboards and 3D chipboards from the store to create the scenery and to give it a little dimension.
6. I also created parts of the tree and branches with clay on both the sides.
7. Then I applied White Mixed Media Paste with a light hand to create tones and to distress some areas. I really loved the colors at this stage.
8. Gave a touch of Colors Splash- Midnight Blue at the top and black, brown and green in some areas inside, to give it a little mossy look.
9. Again used White Mixed Media Paste to distress the background and to highlight the background.
10. To give it a finishing touch, added a vintage picture, some flowers and dry moss to the project.
Here are some more pictures of the completed project…
Hope you liked it. Please share your thoughts in the comment section.
Keep crafting and spreading cheer!!